Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New fitness

September has come and almost gone, and I've joined a gym to get fit.  Part of my membership included two sessions with a personal trainer.  Fitness at this gym focuses on isolating muscles when developing them and doing many fast movements and the idea 'no pain, no gain' is constantly thrown out.  All these ideas are in conflict with my thinking and practice that I've developed through years of doing Feldenkrais and ABM.  I do things my way meaning that when I lift a weight I go very slow and mindful and keep the weight easy and I look to use my whole self and my weight in space to be most efficient. And I do things that involve my whole self such as the TRX.  

This article on Fitness Myths is good to consider new ideas for fitness!  Go here Fitness Myths

No comments: